Get Certified with the PADI Open Water Diver Course
Get your PADI scuba certification. If you’ve always wanted to learn how to scuba dive, discover new adventures or simply see the wondrous world beneath the waves, this is where it starts. The PADI Open Water Diver course is the world’s most popular scuba course, and has introduced millions of people to the adventurous diving lifestyle.
What You Learn
The PADI Open Water Diver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge Development (online, home study or in a classroom ) to understand basic principles of scuba diving
- Confined Water Dives ( Pool ) to learn basic scuba skills
- Open Water Dives to review your skills and explore!
To enroll in the PADI Open Water Diver course or Junior Open Water Diver course, you must
- Be 10 years or older
The Fun Part
The fun part about this course is . . . well, just about all of it because learning to dive is incredible. You breathe underwater for the first time (something you’ll never forget) and learn what you need to know to become a certified diver. During the course, you’ll make at least five pool dives and four dives at local dive sites under the supervision of your PADI Instructor.
The Scuba Gear You Use
In the PADI Open Water Diver course, you learn to use basic scuba gear including a dive computer, and standard accessories. The equipment you wear varies somewhat, depending upon whether you’re diving in tropical, temperate or cold water.
PADI’s Open Water Diver materials cover what you need to know about basic scuba diving skills, terminology and safety procedures. For each concept you’ll read a description and watch a video demonstration. Then you’ll jump in the pool (or pool-like environment) to practice these skills with your instructor. Later, as a certified diver, use the course materials as a reference guide for future diving adventures and to review what you learned.
Open Water Course with Maximum Scuba
Being different was our choice. Choosing the right dive shop is yours.
- ALL the rental scuba gear you will need for the duration of your class is included in the class fee
- Open Water Manual, log book, and student record file are all included in the class fee
- Certification card is included in class fee
- Students receive 15% off gear purchased during week of Open Water Class
- After certification, students receive 10% discount on all gear purchases
- Not ready to buy yet? Once certified you will receive half price on rental gear
- Come back for a free refresher class anytime to catch up!
Course takes 1 week to complete
- Monday, classroom from 6:00-10:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, classroom from 6:00-10:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, pool session from 6:00-10:00 p.m.
- Thursday, classroom from 6:00-10:00 p.m.
- Saturday, open water dives at lake from 9:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- Sunday, open water dives at lake from 9:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
Course takes 3 days to complete
- Friday, classroom from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, pool session from 9:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and open water lake dives from 2-5:00 p.m.
- Sunday, open water dives from 9:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m
Completely customizable schedule
- Class tailored to meet your schedule
- Can be completed over duration of several weeks or in as little as 3 days
- Classroom and pool sessions can be done at your place or ours
***Fees charged by the lake/activity center are not included in the course fee. Lake entry fees are $20/day for Mammoth Lake***