Advanced Open Water
Bookings are closed for this event.
Date(s)06/04/2016 - 06/05/2016
Time(s)1:00 pm - 6:00 pm
What you learnPrerequisitesScuba gear & learning materials
The knowledge and skills you get in the Advanced Open Water Diver course vary with your interest and the adventures you have, but include
- Practical aspects of deep diving
- Physiological effects of deeper scuba diving.
- More ways to use your underwater compass
- How to navigate using kick-cycles, visual landmarks and time
- How to better use your dive computer and electronic Recreational Dive PlannerTM (eRDPTM)
- And much, much more, depending on the Adventure Dives you choose
You’ll hone your skills by completing five adventure dives that introduce you to:
- Underwater navigation
- Deeper water diving (typically anywhere from 18-30 metres/ 60-100 feet)
- A sampler of three more Adventure Dives of your choice
Advanced Open Water Course typically takes 2-3 days to complete:
- Class can be completed in just one weekend (depending on Adventure Dives chosen)
- You and your instructor will choose which Adventure Dives you wish to complete and will determine if an alternate schedule needs to be set to accomplish those dives.
To take this course, you must be:
- A PADI Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- 15 years old (12 for Junior Advanced Open Water Diver)
You use all the basic scuba gear including your underwater compass. Depending on which three adventure dives you pick, you may also try out underwater photography equipment , DPVs (underwater scooters), a dive light a dry suit, lift bags, a dive flag/float or other specialty gear.
PADI’s Adventures in Diving Manual and DVD provide information on more than 16 types of specialty diving. You’ll use them as a guidebook to improve your diving skills and prepare for new experiences and adventures.