Open Water, 3-Day
Bookings are closed for this event.
Date(s)04/28/2017 - 04/30/2017
Time(s)9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Detailed Class ScheduleWhat you learnPrerequisitesScuba gear & learning materials
- Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., classroom and pool
- Saturday, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., lake sessions
- Sunday, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., lake sessions
The PADI Open Water Diver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge Development (online, home study or in a classroom) to understand basic principles of scuba diving
- Confined Water Dives (Pool) to learn basic scuba skills
- Open Water Dives to review your skills and explore!
To enroll in the PADI Open Water Diver course or Junior Open Water Diver course, you must
- Be 10 years or older
In the PADI Open Water Diver course, you learn to use basic scuba gear including a dive computer, and standard accessories. The equipment you wear varies somewhat, depending upon whether you’re diving in tropical, temperate or cold water.
PADI’s Open Water Diver materials cover what you need to know about basic scuba diving skills, terminology and safety procedures. For each concept you’ll read a description and watch a video demonstration. Then you’ll jump in the pool (or pool-like environment) to practice these skills with your instructor. Later, as a certified diver, use the course materials as a reference guide for future diving adventures and to review what you learned.