Bookings are closed for this event.
Date(s)09/12/2020 - 09/13/2020
Time(s)9:00 am - 5:00 pm
“What you learn”
- Recognizing and managing stress in other divers
- Emergency management and equipment
- Rescuing panicked divers
- Rescuing unresponsive divers
- The Scuba Gear You Use
You use all your basic scuba gear including a dive computer and accessories. Check with your local dive shop about the gear you’ll use during this course. You can find most everything at the scuba diving shop in your area.
“Prerequisites” To enroll in the PADI Rescue Diver course, you must
- Be 12 years or older
- Have a PADI Adventure Diver certification (or have a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Be trained and current for first aid and CPR within the previous two years (Ask your instructor about Emergency First Response CPR and first aid courses).
“Scuba gear & learning materials” You’ll use all the basic scuba equipment (BCD, regulator, gauges, tank, weights, etc.) in addition to personal snorkeling gear (mask, snorkel, booties, fins, etc.). Depending on water temperature, you may also need to use a wetsuit or other exposure protection.
The PADI Rescue Diver crewpak includes all materials required to complete the PADI Rescue Diver course – including a pocket mask. You’ll learn how to think like a rescue diver and preview skills you’ll practice with your PADI Instructor. Once your Rescue Diver course is complete, you can review the DVD to refresh your dive safety skills as needed. This tool box of knowledge and technique will give you the expertise to handle almost any emergency situation.