Try Scuba with PADI Discover Scuba Course
Have you always wondered what it’s like to breathe underwater? If you want to try scuba diving, but aren’t quite ready to take the plunge into a certification course, Discover Scuba Diving is for you. While not a scuba certification course, Discover Scuba Diving is a quick and easy introduction to what it takes to explore the underwater world.
Who should take this course?
- Anyone who wants to try scuba before signing up for a full certification class.
- You must be at least 10 years old.
- No prior experience with scuba diving is necessary, but you need to be in reasonable physical health.
What is the schedule?
The PADI Discover Scuba Course takes a few hours to complete.
What will you learn?
You learn the basic safety guidelines and skills needed to dive under the direct supervision of one of our Instructors. If you are comfortable enough to make an open water dive, you’ll practice a few more skills in shallow water to prepare for your adventure. Get ready to:
- Go over the scuba equipment you use to dive and how easy it is to move around underwater with your gear.
- Find out what it’s like to breathe underwater.
- Learn key skills that you’ll use during every scuba dive.
- Have fun swimming around and exploring.
- Hear about becoming a certified diver through the PADI Open Water Diver course.
What scuba gear will you use?
You’ll use all the basic scuba equipment (BCD, regulator, gauges, tank, weights, etc.) in addition to personal snorkeling gear (mask, snorkel, booties, fins, etc.). Depending on water temperature, you may also need to use a wetsuit or other exposure protection.